The Degree Transfer Program comprises a bridging semester followed by first-year courses from the University of Adelaide degree program. In the main program, Degree Transfer students study the exact same courses as the first year students at the University of Adelaide, except in a much more intensive format with the following features:
- Smaller class sizes (approx. 20)
- More contact hours per week per course
- Extra English language support through Language for Study course
- More assistance with difficult concepts
- Teachers who are helpful and provide individual attention.
At the end of semester two, students then move into the second year of the bachelor degree with the rest of the local student population at the University of Adelaide. Students who pass their Degree Transfer Program on the first attempt will meet the English language entry requirement and will not need to submit an approved test of English language.